Working With Us
It’s how we approach everything; from building workshops of distinction to our focus on providing great customer service and our determination to recruit and keep the best employees. We build, design and maintain the Workshops of the future.™ We rely on our people not just to be “better”, but to think “best”. Everard is a family business which has nearly 100 staff, trebling in size in the past few years, which means that nothing stays the same here for long. We pride ourselves on our training programmes and that our team are the very best. If you love being busy and the challenge and opportunity it brings, we’re the place for you.
Our committed and enthusiastic team are the reason we’ve received a ‘Best Companies to Work For’ 2-star accreditation. They’re also the reason we spend so much on pizza and cake. Check out what our team says, below.
Service Manager – Automotive
Location: Brough, East Riding of Yorkshire
- Job Title:
- Service Manager – Automotive
- Brough, East Riding of Yorkshire
Lead the delivery of services which underpin the day to day customer experience, ensuring customers’ workshop equipment is maintained, calibrated and repaired in line with agreed maintenance contracts or SLAs. Responsible for the team of satellite based Service Engineers as well as the office based Service Coordinators.
You must have a substantial background as a Service or Aftersales Manager in a large car dealership.
- Hands-on participation in the Service department activities.
- Act as an escalation point and proactively manage issues and varying priorities to deliver on commitments.
- Liaise with other parties in order to resolve problems and issues and build effective working relationships.
- Ensure customer feedback from surveys and other channels is actioned and used to support a continual improvement programme.
- Accountable for the performance and results of the team.
- Identify, recruit, develop and retain key talent.
- Lead, support, coach, train and develop the team in a culture of excellent service delivery.
- Maximise the performance and productivity of the individuals and the team.
- Manage performance including reviews and underperformance.
- Proactively manage absence, sickness & team capacity.
- Take direct action to ensure team members are engaged and motivated.
- Commercially astute, you will manage existing recurring revenue streams as well identifying opportunities to grow our customer base and enhance our service offering.
- Work closely with the Systems Manager to implement new processes, systems and tools to improve the level and quality of service delivery.
- Proactively support the rest of the business.
What our team says
“Joined Everard: December 2016. What I do? I process purchase invoices, reconcile supplier statements and make sure people get paid. Why work here? Everyone is hardworking. I like how the business started with John as a sole trader, then James and Nick took over, how you see them working hard and how it makes you want to too.”Katie E - Purchase Ledger Clerk
“Joined Everard: March 2011. What I do? I oversee the service coordinators and service engineers, making sure everything gets done. Why work here? I enjoy my work. Everyone is so friendly and gets along. It’s a nice busy atmosphere.”Emma S - Service Team Leader
“Joined Everard: April 2014. What I do? I design main car dealer workshops and coordinate the order cycle of our Rousseau cabinets. Why work here? James and Nick are interesting and inspiring people to work for. Everyone is pushed to reach their potential.”Jack W - Head Designer
“Joined Everard: April 2012. What I do? I look after the sales team, create quotes for the whole range of products and services, work closely with the design team from initial customer contact through to full installation. Why work here? You get to work with an ambitious and dynamic team of individuals. There’s a real genuine team atmosphere where everyone shares a common goal. Average is not acceptable.”Darren S - Sales Team Leader
“Joined Everard: October 2014. What I do? I quote service jobs for engineer visits, ensure the smooth running of the parts department, oversee members of the goods-in team and monitor the goods-out process. I’m involved in stock management and handle warranties. Why work here? It’s a great environment to work in with brilliant office banter. Great colleagues and a progressive company to work for. Professional yet approachable management.”Jack R - Parts Manager
“Joined Everard: March 2019. What I do? Everything from video production to writing copy. I act as the brand champion and keep a close ear to the ground to keep our marketing team up-to-date on opportunities. Why work here? For me, this is a lifestyle choice. I have a lot of autonomy. There’re some great people here. We’re down-to-earth and we all want the same thing. It’s busy sometimes, but I’d rather be busy than bored!”Nik H - Senior Marketing Manager