Garage Equipment for Electric Vehicles
At Everard, we offer everything your workshop or garage needs to carry out a full electric or hybrid vehicle service. When we design and install a workshop, safety is at the forefront of consideration. It is important to look at the whole picture and consider all areas of safety.
– Workshop safety
– Vehicle safety
– Personal safety
– High voltage tools and test equipment
Features and Specs
What Equipment do you need to service Electric Vehicles?
The good news is that electric vehicles are not structurally different compared to other late-model vehicles. But there are a few things you need in order to handle the electrical components:
- Voltage reader – specifically a category III volt-ohm meter rated to 1,000 volts. This meter is needed to check the vehicle’s voltage levels.
- Battery charging equipment & specialist sockets – your workshop will need 32amp Commando Sockets.
- Battery removal equipment – electric vehicles are likely to weigh around 20-30% more than their fossil fuel counterparts, mostly due to the weight of their batteries. This, combined with the necessary under-car access for battery removal, means a new generation of specifications required for lifting equipment.
- Battery fume extraction – Battery fumes can irritate the sinuses, can cause severe skin burns and may cause difficulties breathing if inhaled. Damaged batteries can burn the eyes and even cause blindness. Extraction, particularly emergency automatically triggered extraction, will be a very crucial part of the garages and service centres.
- Workshop access considerations – A large part of the modern EV workshop is electrical insulation and – in case of fire or discharge – immediate access is critical to remove the vehicle from the workshop.
- EV wheel alignment equipment – Correct wheel alignment promotes range and efficiency. Getting a customer an extra ten miles per charge is the new fuel-efficiency tuning.
Electric Vehicle Workshop Redesign Service Clients approach us for both redesigns and installs of their garages and workshops. Everard offers an extensive range of cutting edge electric vehicle equipment, including service, sales, parts and repairs. There is so much to consider now for the automotive workshops of the future. Is your workshop ready? If you’d like to discuss electric vehicle maintenance further or want to discuss the sales or upsell potential of offering wheel alignment or ADAS systems in the UK, give us a call on 01430 330333 and have a no-obligation chat with our experts.